Monday, October 28, 2013

Apple Ginger Juice

Apple Ginger Juice with Swiss Chard

This is fast becoming my favorite juice. It's also apple time around here and I try to use what's in
season. This has quite a kick thanks to the ginger, but you can add a smaller piece for a milder taste. Ginger is good for the digestion as it stimulates the digestive fluids, it aids with the alleviation of sinus and throat soreness, and it helps with absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients. Ginger is fast becoming the new garlic around here when I cook. I buy a large root from the produce stand, use the carrot peeler to take the skin off, then cut it into one inch pieces and freeze in a ziplock bag. It's much easier to grate frozen and I just pop a piece in the fridge a few hours before I want to juice it so it can thaw out a bit.


For two servings use:
2 large swiss chard leaves, stems and all (kale will work too, it's a stronger taste though)
1 large honeycrisp, pink lady, or granny smith
1 inch piece of ginger


Juice and drink!  

No comments:

Post a Comment